How to Make Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast: A Simple Guide
Are you tired of the same old chicken recipes? Want to try something new and exciting? Look no further than Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast! This delicious recipe is sure to impress your family and friends with its juicy chicken, gooey cheese, and savory ham filling.
To make this dish, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced ham, shredded cheese, Dijon mustard, and black pepper. The preparation involves cutting a horizontal slit in the chicken breasts and stuffing them with a mixture of ham, cheese, mustard, and pepper. Once stuffed, the chicken breasts are baked in the oven until golden brown and cooked through.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice cook, this recipe is easy to follow and yields impressive results. Serve it up with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal. Plus, the leftovers make for a delicious lunch the next day! Ready to get cooking? Let’s dive in!
- Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is a delicious and impressive dish that is easy to make.
- The recipe involves stuffing boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a mixture of ham, cheese, mustard, and pepper and baking them in the oven.
- Serve with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal, and enjoy the leftovers for lunch the next day!
Piero’s Recipe from the video:
- Chicken breast
- Ham or salami or other sliced meat
To make delicious Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, we will need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1 1/4 pounds total)
- 4 slices of deli ham, each slice halved (about 3 ounces)
- 4 thin slices of provolone (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- ¼ cup grated Swiss, Monterey Jack or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped ham
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
We can also add some herbs like thyme, parsley, chives, and dill to enhance the flavor of the dish. Additionally, we can serve it with some lemon wedges and a side of broccoli or cheddar cheese.
It is important to use fresh and high-quality ingredients to ensure the best taste and texture of the dish. We can also adjust the seasonings according to our taste preferences. Let’s gather all the ingredients and start preparing the dish.
Preparation of Chicken Breast
To make delicious Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, we need to start by preparing the chicken breast. We will need boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
First, we need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, we need to prepare a baking sheet with sides and lightly coat it with cooking spray.
Next, we need to prepare the chicken breasts. We can use a meat mallet to lightly beat the chicken breast to an even thickness. This will help the chicken cook evenly. We can also season the chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste.
To create a pocket for the stuffing, we need to cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of the chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. We can then open up the breast and place the stuffing in the center.
Once the stuffing is in place, we need to tuck the ingredients securely into the pocket. This will help prevent the stuffing from falling out while the chicken is cooking.
Finally, we need to place the stuffed chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet and bake them in the oven for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
That’s it! With these simple steps, we can prepare the chicken breast for our Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe.
Stuffing the Chicken Breast
To make the delicious ham and cheese stuffed chicken breast, we need to properly stuff the chicken breast with the filling. Here’s how we do it:
- Lay the chicken breast flat on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to make a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of the breast, nearly through to the opposite side.
- Open up the breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center. The filling can be a mix of ham and cheese, such as provolone or Swiss, along with mustard and pepper.
- Fold the chicken breast over the filling and secure it with toothpicks. Make sure to remove the toothpicks before serving.
- Repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts and filling.
It’s important to make sure the filling is evenly distributed and the chicken breast is properly sealed to prevent the filling from leaking out during cooking. We can also use kitchen twine instead of toothpicks to secure the chicken breast.
Once the chicken breast is stuffed and secured, we can either bake it in the oven or cook it on the stovetop. The cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken breast and the cooking method used.
Overall, stuffing the chicken breast with ham and cheese is a simple and delicious way to add flavor and variety to our meals.
To cook our delicious ham and cheese stuffed chicken breast, we will need to follow a few simple steps.
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, lightly coat a baking sheet with sides with cooking spray.
Next, it’s time to prepare our chicken breasts. Use a paring knife to cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of each chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Open up the breast and place one-fourth of the ham and cheese filling in the center.
Fold the chicken breast over the filling and secure it with toothpicks. Place the stuffed chicken breasts onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the chicken breasts in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a thermometer to check the temperature.
If you prefer a seared chicken breast, you can sauté the stuffed chicken breasts in a skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side before baking them in the oven.
When the chicken breasts are done, remove them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and make the chicken more tender.
And that’s it! Our ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts are ready to be enjoyed. Serve them with your favorite sides and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal.
When it comes to serving Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
One classic side dish that pairs perfectly with chicken is mashed potatoes. Creamy, buttery, and comforting, mashed potatoes are the perfect complement to the rich and savory flavors of the stuffed chicken breast. Try adding some fresh herbs, like parsley or chives, to your mashed potatoes for an extra burst of flavor.
If you’re looking for a more substantial side dish, roasted potatoes are a great choice. Whether you opt for crispy sliced roasted potatoes or tender red-skinned potatoes, roasted potatoes are a hearty and satisfying addition to any meal. For a touch of brightness, serve your roasted potatoes with a few lemon wedges on the side.
For a lighter option, consider serving your stuffed chicken breast with a fresh salad. A simple green salad with a tangy vinaigrette can help cut through the richness of the chicken and cheese, while adding some much-needed crunch and texture. Try tossing some fresh herbs, like basil or cilantro, into your salad for an extra pop of flavor.
No matter how you choose to serve your Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, we’re confident that it will be a hit. With its juicy chicken, gooey cheese, and savory ham filling, this dish is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Variations of the Recipe
When it comes to stuffed chicken breast recipes, the possibilities are endless. Here are a few variations to try out:
Spinach Stuffed Chicken
For a healthier twist, try stuffing your chicken breast with spinach. Simply sauté some spinach with garlic and onion, then mix it with some cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Stuff the mixture into the chicken breast and bake it until cooked through.
Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken
If you like a little bit of spice, try making jalapeño popper stuffed chicken. Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and diced jalapeños, then stuff it into the chicken breast. Coat the chicken in a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese, then bake until golden brown.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
For a classic French twist, try making chicken cordon bleu. Stuff the chicken breast with ham and Swiss cheese, then coat it in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown and serve with a creamy dijon sauce.
Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
For a simple yet delicious variation, try stuffing your chicken breast with mozzarella cheese. Mix together some breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning, then coat the chicken breast in the mixture. Bake until cooked through and the cheese is melted.
Overall, the key to making a delicious stuffed chicken breast is to experiment with different fillings and coatings until you find your perfect combination.
When it comes to making Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, it’s important to consider the nutritional value of the dish. Here’s a breakdown of the key nutritional information you should know:
- Calories: A typical serving of Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast contains around 236 calories.
- Saturated Fat: The amount of saturated fat in the dish can vary depending on the type of cheese used. Swiss, Monterey Jack, or part-skim mozzarella cheese are all good options to keep saturated fat levels low.
- Cholesterol: Chicken is already a good source of protein, but adding ham and cheese to the dish can increase the cholesterol content. It’s important to keep an eye on your overall cholesterol intake if you’re watching your diet.
- Sodium: Ham and cheese can be high in sodium, so it’s important to be mindful of this when making the dish. You can reduce the sodium content by using low-sodium cheese and ham, or by seasoning the chicken with herbs and spices instead of salt.
- Carbohydrates: Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is a low-carbohydrate dish, making it a good option for those following a low-carb or keto diet.
- Fiber: The dish is not a significant source of fiber, but you can add some fiber by serving it with a side of vegetables or a salad.
- Trans Fat: It’s important to avoid trans fats as much as possible, as they can increase your risk of heart disease. When making Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, use healthy fats like olive oil or avocado oil instead of trans fats like margarine or shortening.
Overall, Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast can be a healthy and delicious dish when made with the right ingredients and in moderation. By being mindful of the nutritional information, you can enjoy this dish as part of a balanced diet.
Storage and Reheating
Once you’re done cooking your delicious ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts, you may have leftovers that you want to store and reheat for later. Here are some tips on how to store and reheat your ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts.
To store your leftover ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts, you need to ensure that they are properly cooled down before placing them in the fridge or freezer. Leaving them out at room temperature for too long can encourage the growth of bacteria, which can cause food poisoning.
Here are some tips for storing your leftover ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts:
- Allow the chicken breasts to cool down to room temperature before storing them.
- Place the chicken breasts in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Label the container with the date and contents so that you can easily identify it later.
- Store the chicken breasts in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
When reheating your ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts, it’s important to ensure that they are heated through to an internal temperature of 165°F to kill any bacteria that may have grown during storage.
Here are some tips for reheating your ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts:
- Remove the chicken breasts from the fridge or freezer and allow them to thaw completely in the fridge before reheating.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and cover them with foil to prevent them from drying out.
- Heat the chicken breasts in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until they are heated through to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Alternatively, you can reheat the chicken breasts in the microwave. Place them on a microwave-safe plate and cover them with a damp paper towel. Heat them on high for 1-2 minutes or until they are heated through.
Remember, it’s important to only reheat your ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts once. Reheating them multiple times can increase the risk of food poisoning.
Tips and Tricks
When it comes to making Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, there are a few tips and tricks that can make the process easier and more successful. Here are some of our favorite tips:
- Use a rimmed baking sheet: When baking the stuffed chicken breasts, it’s important to use a rimmed baking sheet to catch any juices or cheese that may spill out during cooking. This will prevent a mess in your oven and make cleanup easier.
- Use a meat thermometer: To ensure that the chicken is cooked to the proper temperature, we recommend using a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast, being careful not to hit the filling. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest: After removing the chicken from the oven, let it rest for a few minutes before slicing into it. This will allow the juices to redistribute and make for a juicier and more flavorful chicken breast.
- Use unsalted butter: When sautéing the garlic for the sauce, we recommend using unsalted butter. This will allow you to control the amount of salt in the dish and prevent it from becoming too salty.
- Make it a weeknight dinner: This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. You can prep the chicken breasts ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them. Serve with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
Overall, making Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is an easy and delicious way to switch up your weeknight dinner routine. With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make a perfect stuffed chicken breast every time.
We have shared with you a delicious and easy recipe for Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast. We hope that you found this recipe to be helpful and informative.
By following the steps outlined in this recipe, you can make a flavorful and satisfying meal that is perfect for any occasion. This dish is a great way to impress your family and friends with your culinary skills, and it is sure to become a favorite in your household.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is versatile and can be customized to suit your tastes. You can use different types of cheese or ham, or even add in some veggies to make it even more nutritious.
We encourage you to experiment with this recipe and make it your own. Don’t be afraid to try new things and see what works best for you. With a little bit of creativity and some delicious ingredients, you can create a dish that is truly unique and delicious.
In conclusion, we hope that you enjoy making this Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe as much as we do. It is a simple yet delicious dish that is sure to impress your family and friends. So why not give it a try today?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to prevent cheese from oozing out of stuffed chicken?
To prevent cheese from oozing out of stuffed chicken, make sure to seal the chicken breast tightly with toothpicks or cooking twine. You can also try freezing the stuffed chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes before cooking to help keep the cheese in place.
Should you cook the stuffing before putting it in the chicken?
It is not necessary to cook the stuffing before putting it in the chicken, but it is recommended to use pre-cooked ham. Make sure the stuffing ingredients are finely chopped to ensure even cooking.
What is the recommended baking time for chicken breast?
The recommended baking time for chicken breast varies depending on the size and thickness of the chicken. A general guideline is to bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
What are some easy chicken and ham recipes?
Some easy chicken and ham recipes include chicken cordon bleu, ham and cheese quiche, ham and cheese sliders, and ham and cheese omelets.
Can you make ham and cheese stuffed chicken breast in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make ham and cheese stuffed chicken breast in an air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F and cook the stuffed chicken breasts for 15-18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
What is the difference between chicken cordon bleu and ham and cheese stuffed chicken breast?
The main difference between chicken cordon bleu and ham and cheese stuffed chicken breast is the addition of bread crumbs and the use of sliced ham in chicken cordon bleu. Ham and cheese stuffed chicken breast typically uses diced ham and does not have a bread crumb coating.
Do you have other Meat-based recipe Videos?
Yes! we do, here is a list:
How to Make Beer Cooked Chicken Escalopes.
How to Make the Best Beef Stew with Roasted Veggies
How to make Chicken Breast STUFFED with Spinach and Ricotta Cheese
How to make Sticky Chicken Wings Italian Style