Watermelon and Feta Salad Recipe: A Refreshing Summer Dish
Watermelon and Feta Salad Recipe is a refreshing and healthy dish that is perfect for summer. This salad combines the sweetness of watermelon with the saltiness of feta cheese, creating a perfect balance of flavors. It is a great way to enjoy the benefits of watermelon, which is rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
To make this salad, one needs fresh watermelon, feta cheese, and a few other ingredients such as mint leaves, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. The preparation steps are simple and easy to follow, making this recipe perfect for beginners. This salad can be served as a side dish or a light meal, and it goes well with grilled chicken, salmon, or beef.
Overall, Watermelon and Feta Salad Recipe is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for summer. It is easy to make, and it can be customized to suit individual preferences. Whether one is looking for a light meal or a refreshing side dish, this salad is sure to please.
- Watermelon and Feta Salad Recipe is a refreshing and healthy dish that is perfect for summer.
- This salad is easy to make and can be customized to suit individual preferences.
- Watermelon is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, making this salad a nutritious choice.
Piero’s Recipe from the video:
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Fresh Mint
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
When it comes to making a delicious Watermelon and Feta Salad, it’s important to have the right ingredients on hand. This salad is a perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors, with juicy watermelon and salty feta cheese being the star ingredients. Here are the main ingredients and dressing ingredients needed to make this refreshing summer salad.
- Ripe Watermelon: The star ingredient of this salad is a sweet and juicy seedless watermelon. It should be ripe and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Feta Cheese: The salty cheese is the perfect complement to the sweet melon. Use crumbled Greek feta for the best flavor.
- Cucumber: An English cucumber is preferred as it has fewer seeds and a thinner skin, but any type of cucumber will work. It adds a refreshing crunch to the salad.
- Red Onions: Thinly sliced red onions add a nice pop of color and a bit of bite to the salad.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice adds a bright and tangy flavor to the dressing.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: High-quality extra virgin olive oil is used to balance out the acidity of the lime juice.
- Kosher Salt: The dressing needs a pinch of kosher salt to enhance the flavors of the salad.
- Black Pepper: Freshly ground black pepper adds a subtle heat and depth to the dressing.
- White Balsamic Vinegar: This mild vinegar adds a touch of sweetness and acidity to the dressing.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice can be used instead of lime juice for a slightly different flavor profile.
Overall, these ingredients come together to create a salad that is both sweet and refreshing with a nice balance of flavors.
To prepare the Watermelon and Feta Salad recipe, start by cutting the watermelon into bite-sized cubes. The amount of watermelon needed will depend on the number of servings required. For a salad that serves four people, you will need approximately 6 cups of cubed watermelon. Next, cut the cucumber into thin slices and dice the red onion. The amount of cucumber and red onion needed will depend on personal preference.
For the greens, you can use a combination of arugula, spinach, basil, and cilantro, or any other greens of your choice. Wash the greens and dry them thoroughly. Tear the greens into bite-sized pieces and set them aside.
To make the dressing for the Watermelon and Feta Salad, whisk together a quarter cup of extra virgin olive oil, two tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar, and two tablespoons of lime juice in a small bowl. Add a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper to taste. You can also add a teaspoon of lemon zest to the dressing for an extra zesty flavor.
To assemble the salad, place the greens in a large mixing bowl. Add the cubed watermelon, sliced cucumber, and diced red onion. Crumble the feta cheese over the salad. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Garnish the salad with fresh mint leaves.
The Watermelon and Feta Salad recipe is a perfect summer salad that combines the sweet and salty flavors of watermelon and feta cheese. The balsamic vinegar in the dressing adds a tangy flavor to the salad, while the fresh herbs and greens add a refreshing taste. This salad is not only delicious but also healthy, making it a perfect addition to any meal.
Watermelon and Feta Salad is a versatile dish that can be served in many different ways. Here are a few serving suggestions that are sure to impress your guests:
- As a Platter: Arrange the watermelon cubes and feta cheese on a large platter and sprinkle with chopped mint leaves. Serve with toothpicks for easy snacking.
- With Grilled Chicken or Salmon: Watermelon and Feta Salad pairs well with grilled chicken or salmon. Simply add a few pieces of grilled chicken or salmon on top of the salad to make it a more substantial meal.
- As an Appetizer: Serve Watermelon and Feta Salad in small cups or glasses as an elegant appetizer. Top with a sprinkle of black pepper and a drizzle of balsamic glaze for an extra flavor boost.
- On Skewers: Thread watermelon cubes and feta cheese onto skewers for a fun and easy-to-eat party snack. Add a few basil leaves for a pop of color and flavor.
- With Watermelon Sangria: Watermelon and Feta Salad is the perfect accompaniment to a refreshing glass of Watermelon Sangria. The sweet and tangy flavors of the salad complement the fruity flavors of the sangria perfectly.
No matter how you choose to serve it, Watermelon and Feta Salad is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
There are many variations of watermelon and feta salad that can be made to suit different tastes and preferences. Here are a few ideas to get started:
For a Mediterranean twist on the classic recipe, try adding some chopped tomatoes and kalamata olives to the mix. This will add some extra flavor and texture to the salad, and make it more filling and satisfying. You could also try using a Greek-style feta cheese, which is creamier and tangier than regular feta.
While watermelon is the classic fruit to use in this salad, there are plenty of other fruits that can be substituted or added to the mix. Some popular options include strawberries, peaches, and mangoes. These fruits will add some extra sweetness and complexity to the salad, and make it more interesting and flavorful.
While feta is the most common cheese to use in this salad, there are plenty of other options that can be used as well. Some popular alternatives include goat cheese, blue cheese, and ricotta. These cheeses will add some extra creaminess and tanginess to the salad, and make it more interesting and flavorful.
While arugula is the most common green to use in this salad, there are plenty of other options that can be used as well. Some popular alternatives include spinach, kale, and mixed greens. These greens will add some extra nutrients and flavor to the salad, and make it more interesting and flavorful.
While a simple lime dressing is the most common dressing to use in this salad, there are plenty of other options that can be used as well. Some popular alternatives include balsamic vinaigrette, honey mustard, and raspberry vinaigrette. These dressings will add some extra flavor and complexity to the salad, and make it more interesting and flavorful.
Overall, there are many different variations of watermelon and feta salad that can be made to suit different tastes and preferences. Whether you prefer a Mediterranean-style salad with tomatoes and olives, or a fruitier salad with strawberries and mangoes, there is a variation out there for everyone.
Watermelon and feta salad is a refreshing and flavorful dish that is perfect for summertime. This salad is not only delicious but also has some nutritional benefits. Here is a breakdown of the nutritional information for this salad:
A serving of watermelon and feta salad (about 1 cup) contains approximately 150 calories. It is a low-calorie dish that is perfect for those who are watching their weight. It is also a good source of fiber, which helps to keep you feeling full for longer periods.
Watermelon is high in vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps to boost the immune system, while potassium helps to regulate blood pressure. Lycopene is an antioxidant that helps to protect the body against cancer and heart disease.
Heavy, Creamy Feta Cheese
Feta cheese is a popular ingredient in this salad, and it is known for its tangy and salty flavor. It is a type of cheese that is made from sheep or goat milk. Feta cheese is high in protein and calcium, which are essential nutrients for the body.
However, feta cheese is also high in sodium and fat. One serving of feta cheese (about 1 ounce) contains approximately 320 milligrams of sodium and 6 grams of fat. Therefore, it is important to use feta cheese in moderation when making this salad.
To reduce the amount of sodium and fat in this salad, you can use a lighter version of feta cheese or use it sparingly. Alternatively, you can use other types of cheese that are lower in sodium and fat.
In conclusion, watermelon and feta salad is a healthy and delicious dish that is perfect for summertime. It is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene. However, it is important to use feta cheese in moderation due to its high sodium and fat content.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some variations of watermelon and feta salad?
Watermelon and feta salad is a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your tastes. Some variations include adding arugula, mint, or basil for a fresh twist. You can also add other fruits like strawberries or blueberries for a more complex flavor profile.
How do you make a watermelon salad with balsamic dressing?
To make a watermelon salad with balsamic dressing, start by whisking together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Then, toss cubed watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped fresh mint in the dressing. Serve chilled.
What are some good pairings for watermelon salad?
Watermelon salad pairs well with grilled meats like chicken or steak. It also goes well with other summer dishes like grilled vegetables and corn on the cob.
What is the best way to store watermelon salad?
Watermelon salad should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is best eaten within a day or two of being made.
What are the health benefits of watermelon and feta salad?
Watermelon and feta salad is a healthy dish that is low in calories and high in nutrients. Watermelon is a good source of vitamin C, while feta cheese is high in protein and calcium. The combination of sweet watermelon and salty feta cheese makes for a tasty and nutritious salad.
What is the origin of watermelon and feta salad?
The origin of watermelon and feta salad is not clear, but it is believed to have originated in the Mediterranean region. The combination of sweet watermelon and salty feta cheese is a popular flavor pairing in many Mediterranean dishes.
Do you have other Salad Videos?
Do you have any other videos? Yes here are our latest ones:
- Learn to Make the BEST Chorizo Sandwich Ever!
- Homemade Lentil Soup with Chicken Very Easy to Make
- Original Homemade COPPA, Made completely using NATURAL ingredients, cure at home in your fridge!
- How to Make Juicy, Delicious Marinated Lamb Cutlets
- “Cooking a Mouth-Watering Beef Liver Sandwich That You’ll Crave!”